Recycling: it only gets easier! There are more and more collection points near you
Take your old phone to the store (when you buy a new one), the RecyclePoint (when you go shopping) or the recycling centre in your neighbourhood. There’s always a collection point close at hand: there are thousands in Belgium.
Recycle your phone – everyone’s happy!
- You’re relieved to get rid of stuff that was cluttering up your home.
- You make nature happy, because an old smartphone contains valuable materials that can be used to make new electronic devices.
So the message is: when you buy a new iPhone, Android or another smartphone, don’t just leave your old one lying around. And whatever you do, don’t throw it in the rubbish bin.
3 extra recycling tips
Your new smartphone replaces all kinds of older devices that somebody else might like. If not, you can still recycle them.
- Do you always use your smartphone to take photos and videos? Thank your old camera for its loyal service and give it away.
- For many people, apps are the new games. Time to get rid of that old games console? The second-hand shop will welcome you with open arms!
- Don’t forget to recycle accessories such as earbuds or headphones, cables and chargers. They’re recyclable electronics too! As small as they are, they are full of precious materials.
Help bring the world a step closer to a circular, sustainable society in which no more raw materials are ever lost. Thank you!
Find all the collection points below.