Definitions and abbreviations
Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment. This concept is defined in both legislation and membership agreement.
Any natural or legal person who sells products to the consumer
Electric Tools & Gardening
Finely meshed Transfer Station
Information and Communication Technology
- In the Flemish Region: any natural or legal person, other than the manufacturer, that imports products into the Flemish Region for own use or for marketing purposes;
- In the Brussels Capital Region: any other person besides the manufacturer who imports a product and markets it in the Brussels Capital Region;
- In the Walloon Region: any natural or legal person who is not a manufacturer and imports, markets or sells products in the Walloon Region, regardless of the sales method used, whether or not remotely.
Cooling and freezing appliances
Environmental Policy Agreement
The action whereby the EEE imported, whether new or defective, or produced in Belgium is for the first time sold, rented, leased or made available in Belgium
(i) to a third party
(ii) for intended for own use.
Openbare Vlaamse Afvalstoffenmaatschappij (Public Flemish Waste Agency)
Ofice wallon des Déchets (Walloon Waste Agency)
- In the Flemish Region: any natural or legal person, who a) produces appliances, has them produced or imports them into the Flemish Region, whether or not under his own brand, and uses these products for his own use, markets them or has them marketed in the Flemish Region; b) sells products that were manufactured by other suppliers under his own brand. In this context, the retailer is not considered to be a manufacturer if the manufacturer's brand is visible on the appliance. Those who exclusively provide financing on the basis of or as part of a financing agreement are not considered to be manufacturers.
- In the Brussels Capital Region: any natural or legal person who, regardless of the sales technique used, even through distance selling, manufactures and sells a product under their own brand in the Brussels Capital Region:
- For the application of this decree a "manufacturer" is considered to be a natural or legal person who under their own brand, resells equipment, which was produced by other suppliers;
- The person who is exclusively responsible for the financing by virtue of or in compliance with a financing agreement is not considered to be a "manufacturer", unless they also act as a manufacturer within the meaning of the first clause.
- In the Walloon Region: any natural or legal person who manufacturers, markets and sells a product in the Walloon Region, regardless of the sales technique used, whether or not through distance selling. For the application of this decree a manufacturer is considered to be a natural or legal person who resells equipment under their own brand, which was manufactured by other suppliers. A person who exclusively provides financing on the basis of or as part of a financing agreement is not considered to be a manufacturer, unless they also act as a manufacturer within the meaning of the first or second clause or as importer.
EEE, within the meaning of this Entry Agreement, other than domestic EEE.
Contribution payable by the Co-contractor per EEE placed on the market for the services of the Managing Body.
Small Domestic Appliances
Agreement concluded with a Recupel Managing Body in order to be able to call on the relevant Managing Body's services.
Any natural or legal person who distributes products to one or more resellers/retailers. In the Brussels Capital Region and the Walloon region: addition of 'on behalf of one or more manufacturers or importers'
Brussels Instituut voor Milieubeheer (Brussels Institute for Environmental Protection)
Television screens and monitors
Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment
The legal interest rate applicable in Belgium, as provided for in article 1153 of the Civil Code.
Managing Body for the processing of large household appliances
Electrical and electronic equipment as defined in the Legislation, yet, for the purposes of this Entry Agreement, only to the extent that, and for the period for which it is entered on the appliance list of the Managing Body, as stated on the Website specified by the Managing Body.
The physical shipment of EEE outside of the Belgian territory in as much as this shipment qualifies as an intra-Community delivery or as export, as defined in the VAT code.
Big white goods
EEE, within the meaning of this Entry Agreement, intended for use in private households and similar use in commercial, industrial, institutional and other environments.